Promotion of Employment and Vocational Qualification
- university degree in economics, social sciences or another relevant field (equivalent to BA or MBA);
- at least 7 years’ professional experience as project specialist or advisor in the area of employment promotion, labor migration, education, policy development in a responsible position;
- 2 years of professional experience in the international cooperation, ideally in the area of employment promotion, labor migration, education or policy development;
- experience in working with central government bodies is a strong asset;
- experience in implementation of digital instruments/systems is a strong asset;
- research experience is a strong asset;
- proven record of successful work results in the policy development area;
- fluency in Russian and English (both spoken and written), good knowledge of Kyrgyz, knowledge of German is an asset;
- strong analytical skills;
- ability to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills;
- dedicated team player;
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- strong managerial and organisational competence;
- readiness to travel regularly to the regions of Kyrgyzstan;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
The advisor is responsible for
- managing Output 2 “Labor market services and employment promotion” results in the part of Labor market policy and services;
- cooperating with partners of the Project “Ministry of Health and Social development”, Department for Employment Promotion and pilot public employment offices, as well as with other relevant ministries;
- implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project;
- processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards;
- maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ.
1. Management and coordination
- develops concepts in her/his sphere of responsibility in close cooperation with project partners, international and national experts and other stakeholders;
- develops concepts on labor market analysis, instruments of active labor market policy including digital solutions;
- develops and coordinates implementation of systems for evidence based decision making in the area of employment promotion;
- sets up and regularly adapts the operational planning of Output 2 in the part of Labor market policy and services, including financial planning;
- coordinates the implementation of measures and activities according to the operational planning;
- monitors the achievement of the intended results of Output 2 and reports regularly to the project management on the current situation;
- is responsible for approving and controlling expenses for project activities in her/his sphere of responsibility in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- prepares terms of reference for the assignment of national and international short-term experts in the field of her/his responsibility; supervises and supports the respective experts’ missions;
- represents the Project in conferences and other events in the sphere of her/his responsibility in coordination with the Project Manager;
- actively participates in the project’s Team meetings and other relevant activities;
- assists the project with all other organizational and management issues.
2. Communication and networking
- develops and maintains contact with stakeholders within the sphere of his/her responsibility;
- advises the partners on the policy level;
- provides technical assistance to local and international experts;
- ensures knowledge management: collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
3. Knowledge management
- ensures knowledge transfer to project information;
- develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- draws up reports and presentation documents;
- prepares appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the project manager and GIZ Head Office;
- assists with research activities and studies on political issues which benefit joint programmes.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
If you are interested in these vacancy, please apply by sending your CV (please fill out the template below), letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked “Advisor” to the email firstname.lastname@example.org till 17:00 on 20.04.2021.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Handicapped candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Effectively, efficiently and focused on our partners – that is the way we support people and societies around the world, implementing activities aimed at enhancing the prospects and development of sustainable conditions for their own well-being. As a German federal company, GIZ is supporting the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany to implement their tasks in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.