Integrated Rural Development Programme
- University degree, preferable master in journalism, communication or similar science;
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in communication and PR management;
- experience in working in international (development) organizations, especially experiences in private sector development is an asset;
- very good working knowledge of IT communication and MS Office applications; working ability to use image editing, DTP, web publishing and movie editing software is a strong asset;
- excellent ability to express oneself well both verbally and in writing; polished, target-group oriented style;
- editorial experience, experience in writing articles and press releases (evidenced e.g. by work samples);
- sound experience in social media communication;
- experience in carrying out negotiations, facilitation, moderation, presentation;
- experience in project and/or event management;
- excellent command of Russian, Kyrgyz and English, knowledge of German is a preferred asset.
The PR and Communication Specialist is responsible for:
- ensuring the adherence of all program activities and publications to standards and guidelines for GIZ communication work described in the “Recommendations for communication by GIZ Offices”;
- ensuring the adherence of all program activities and publications to EU requirements;
- work out and adapt if needed the EU Visibility and Communication plan according to annex 6 of EU contract including the respective budgets;
- supporting the program manager and the program staff with strategic orientation of communication and PR, in presenting a consistent corporate image of both donors, EU and BMZ, and communicating to relevant partners and public;
- ensuring that all Grant recipients comply with EU and BMZ communication and publication, and train them thereon;
- execute communication through local mass media, through GIZ-internal information channels, through EU communication channels as well as through online and social media;
- management of and generating content for the project website, Facebook and YouTube accounts;
- maintaining and updating all project publications and material such as photos, videos, films in the DMS and media GIZ drive according to GIZ-rules and procedures.
1. Public Relation Tasks
- (further) develops suitable PR and communication instruments (e.g. project brochures, fact sheets, advertising material, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, information sheets etc.) in line with GIZ corporate design and EU visibility guidelines;
- makes herself / himself familiar with both, GIZ communication rules and EU visibility guidelines, solves conflicts between the two in a sensible manner;
- generates content on Social Media on an ongoing basis;
- collects material for PR purposes (data, testimonies, photos) on a regular basis;
- prepares press releases in coordination with project leader, EU communication officer and GIZ office;
- if required, organizes and implements capacity building for project staff for communication and PR related topics and for contracted NGOs (e.g. layout guidelines, how to deal with media) for both, GIZ communication guidelines and EU visibility guidelines;
- implements the EU Visibility and Communication plan according to annex 6 of EU contract including the respective budgets in a timely manner;
- plans and organizes of project events for partners and stakeholders related to PR and visibility;
- agrees all PR and visibility materials with EUD und GIZ country office;
- develops and implements the EU IRDP visibility plan;
- implements communication measures and develops / supports appropriate communication instruments.
2. Networking and Cooperation
- acts as focal person for the corporate communication unit in GIZ-country office (e.g. steers and exchanges the topics with them, pooling of requests from country and project communication focal persons for implementation of standards, coordination of the information gathering for internal media);
- coordinates and agrees PR and communication activities with the EUD communication officer;
- cooperates closely with the M&E specialist for communication of project achievements and publishing success stories.
3. Knowledge Management
- maintains and updates the contents of the project website, ensures that all documents for the Calls for proposals and other documents and information are properly loaded, published and available for applicants and partners;
- supports project manager and project staff in compiling relevant data of service providers (e.g. graphic designer, printing agencies, photographers, media, writer, translator);
- uploads official letter, list of participants templates in English, Russian and English languages into DMS and informs the staff on changes.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply by sending your CV (please fill out the template below), letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked «PR Specialist» to the email firstname.lastname@example.org 17:00 on 25.04.2021.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Handicapped candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Effectively, efficiently and focused on our partners – that is the way we support people and societies around the world, implementing activities aimed at enhancing the prospects and development of sustainable conditions for their own well-being. As a German federal company, GIZ is supporting the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany to implement their tasks in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.