“Professional Education in Central Asia” Programme
- University degree (Master’s level) or equivalent in economics, social sciences, law or another relevant field;
- 7 years’ experience in project management, ideally both in the private and public sector – thereof 3 years in a responsible position;
- 2 years’ professional experience in international development cooperation;
- proven record of successfully developing public-private partnerships, ideally in the field of technology transfer between the education sector and industry;
- fluency in Russian and English (both spoken and written), good knowledge of Kyrgyz language would be an asset;
- ability to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills;
- dedicated team player;
- excellent time-management skills;
- very good knowledge of modern information and communication technologies (ITC) and computer applications, especially MS Office and video conferencing software (MS Teams, Zoom etc.);
- readiness to travel regularly within Central Asia.
The advisor is responsible for
- managing the GIZ-supported technology transfer centre (CTTEE) at Kyrgyz State Technical University (KSTU) in Bishkek / Kyrgyzstan;
- initiating an innovation-friendly ecosystem at KSTU;
- developing the business model of the CTTEE Bishkek and strengthening its institutional sustainability;
- building networks with partners from the private sector and academia in Kyrgyzstan to integrate them to CTTEE activities and/or synergize with them;
- technical management of short-term experts whose assignments are related to the activities of the CTTEE Bishkek;
- closely co-operating with PECA colleagues to share knowledge and find team-based solutions to strategic as well as to operational challenges;
- innovation and knowledge management within his/her area of responsibility.
1. Management and coordination
- identifies potentials for technology transfer and innovation at KSTU;
- coordinates the planning and implementation of measures and activities related to the CTTEE Bishkek in close cooperation with responsible staff from KSTU and in accordance with the PECA’s operational planning;
- manages the daily administrative and financial operations of the CTTEE Bishkek;
- develops concrete funding concepts for foreseen CTTEE-activities, e.g. via offering paid services, raising third-party funds etc.;
- fosters the institutional integration of the CTTEE Bishkek into the organizational structure of KSTU; negotiates and coordinates the integration process with relevant stakeholders within and outside of KSTU;
- monitors the achievement of the intended results in her/his sphere of responsibility and reports regularly to the Project management on the current situation;
- is responsible for calculating and controlling expenses for PECA-financed activities in her/his sphere of responsibility in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- prepares terms of reference for the assignment of national and international short-term experts in the field of her/his responsibility; supervises and supports the respective experts’ missions;
- represents PECA in conferences and other events in the sphere of her/his responsibility in coordination with the Project Manager and Leader Output 2;
- assists the Project with all other organizational and management issues.
2. Professional advisory services
- actively links her-/himself with stakeholders from KSTU and the private sector to identify demands for technology transfer and possible fields of co-operation;
- develops and implements service offers of the CTTEE Bishkek in the field of technology transfer which meet the demand of partners/clients from industry and the educational sphere;
- guides and counsels KSTU to establish marketable services in the field of technology transfer;
- develops and implements concepts to enhance the capacities of relevant stakeholders in Kyrgyzstan in the field of technology transfer;
- monitors the implementation of project activities and fosters project progress in close consultation with counterparts.
3. Communication and networking
- develops and maintains broad cooperation networks with partners within KSTU and the private sector in Kyrgyzstan;
- maintains contacts with other international donors who are active in technology transfer in Kyrgyzstan (in close cooperation with Leader Output 2);
- ensures knowledge management: collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, industry and the education sector through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
4. Knowledge Management
- collects and documents relevant knowledge from his/her field of responsibility for the Project;
- develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- draws up reports and presentation documents;
- prepares appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other documentations required by the Project management.
5. Other duties/additional tasks
The technical professional
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply by sending your CV (please fill out the template below), letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked «Advisor» to the email email@example.com 17:00 on 28.03.2021.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Handicapped candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Effectively, efficiently and focused on our partners – that is the way we support people and societies around the world, implementing activities aimed at enhancing the prospects and development of sustainable conditions for their own well-being. As a German federal company, GIZ is supporting the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany to implement their tasks in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.