UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Business Administration, Environmental Economics or other related fields;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience in the implementation of projects covered by the area of sustainable and inclusive economic development at the national and international levels;
- Proven experience in strategic research and analysis of macro-economic, sectoral, and thematic policy reforms;
- Strong experience in providing policy advice to government officials;
- Deep understanding of Agenda 2030, SDGs and their application at the national level;
- Experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating development projects;
- Experience using computers and office software packages, including programmes for statistical analysis of data;
- Strong communication, coordination and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Sustainable and Inclusive Economic Growth Team Leader (UNDP) with the guidance and consultation of other four PAGE UN partners, the PAGE National Coordinator/Economist will provide a high-quality service to the programme to ensure timely and efficient analysis and monitoring over implementation of respective outputs by coordinating the activities of five PAGE agencies.
The PAGE National Coordinator/Economist will support the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic and other national partners in providing policy advise, analysing, planning, coordinating and implementing PAGE activities in Kyrgyzstan and facilitate linkages with relevant national government agencies, policy processes and international development partners including green recovery efforts.
The tasks of PAGE National Coordinator/Economist will include:
1. Provision of coordination and technical advice to Ministry of Economy and other national government counterparts and other partners
- Coordinate PAGE project support to the government under the leadership of UNDP and UNEP as a co-lead and by liaising with five PAGE agencies
- Facilitate linkages between PAGE and relevant national policy processes (e.g. SDGs and green recovery);
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other partners to ensure proper coordination and partnership within the framework of project activities implementation;
- Support and facilitate policy dialogue on green economy issues and its integrated nature with government officials, development partners, civil society, and the private sector;
- Support mobilization of national and international resources for PAGE implementation;
- In close collaboration with the national and international development partners initiate and organize high-level PAGE events;
- Organize regular PAGE Project Board meetings;
2.Representation, advocacy, and partner engagement to support PAGE’s institutional positioning and advance its core offer.
- Strengthen partnerships with UN agencies, i.e. UNRC, IFIs, bilateral development agencies, private sector entities, and civil society;
- Represent PAGE in relevant forums, conferences, or workshops, including to present research or programmatic results;
- Contribute to national, regional, and global knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Contribute to regular PAGE global updates;
3.Provision of support to UNDP country office management
- Ensure full alignment of PAGE activities with the UNDP mandate and corporate priorities, National strategies/ programme and contribution to the capacity development of the national counterpart institutions;
- Provide analysis and research in priority thematic areas of PAGE delivery at the country level, including through collecting and statistical data, and preparation of policy briefs or other analytical outputs as relevant to green economy to report to the PAGE Secretariat;
- Support UNDP country office teams to review their portfolios through green economic lens and strengthen linkages between UNDP’s social, economic and environmental work including a green recovery;
- Support resource mobilization for green economy and future growth strategies on behalf of all PAGE agencies through project pipeline development and design of large-scale programme and development solutions”
- Work towards achievement of goals set up in UNDP strategic documents (Corporate strategy, UNDAF, CPD, Programme document etc.) and relevant national legislation;
4.Operational management, work planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluations
- Develop PAGE Annual/Quarterly Work plans, Progress and Final Reports, Budget Forecasts in close consultation with national and international PAGE partners;
- Develop, update and initiate implementation of the PAGE Kyrgyzstan Sustainability Strategy;
- Ensuring the delivery of the assigned project resources against approved budgets;
- Support monitoring and evaluations of PAGE;
- Ensure fulfillment of standard procedures, including the ones on procurement, contracting of services and formalizing partnerships, in accordance with UNDP Rules and Regulations;
- Ensure proper documentation and codification (knowledge management) of programme methodologies and experiences for wide dissemination and institutional memory;
- Handle correspondence and keep the filing system related to the project and to general programme matters
- Effective support and communication concerning PAGE work streams.
- Meetings of inter-ministerial PAGE technical committee effectively supported.
- Regular communication performed with relevant ministries, stakeholders, PAGE partners and Secretariat.
- PAGE meeting organized in with high-level participation of government and development partners.
- Timely annual reporting.
ПРООН является глобальной сетью ООН в области развития. Она выступает в поддержку преобразований и предоставляет странам доступ к источникам знаний, опыту и ресурсам в целях содействия улучшению жизни людей. Мы работаем в 177 странах, в том числе в Кыргызстане, взаимодействуя с ними в выработке их собственных решений по проблемам глобального и национального развития.