Integrated Rural Development Programme
- university degree, preferable in economics or related science;
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in an M&E position or position requiring systematic and analytical work;
- experience in working with sub-grant recipients and monitoring thereon is a strong asset;
- experience in working in international (development) organizations, especially experiences in private sector development is an asset;
- very good working knowledge of IT, communication and MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel;
- proven strong analytical skills and assertiveness;
- experience in or knowledge of GIZ M&E approach is a strong asset;
- working knowledge of IT tools for statistical analysis (e.g. SPSS or any other) and / or database tools (MS Access) is an asset;
- experience in carrying out negotiations, facilitation, moderation, presentation is an asset;
- excellent command of Russian, Kyrgyz and English, knowledge of German is a strong asset.
As Monitoring Specialist, the position holder is responsible for:
- result-based monitoring and evaluation of all activities of the programme;
- use the GIZ online “Wirkungsmonitor” for data analyses and collection;
- follow-up of data collection by project experts and contracted NGOs;
- analysing and processing collected data;
- providing guidance to the programme staff and NGOs ensuring that activities of the project are implemented in a goal- and output-oriented manner and contribute to achievement of indicators;
- ensuring that strategies and activities are in line with GIZ’s objectives and principles;
- preparing reports and project documents on the achievement of milestones, results and indicators;
- support the project leader in reporting about indicator achievement to BMZ and EU;
- contribute annually to assessment of aggregated GIZ indicators and of SED Program indicators.
Monitoring and Evaluation Tasks
- supports the implementation of needed baselines and follow-up assessment incl. those for aggregated indicator reporting;
- adapts existing M&E-tables to further monitoring needs and develops the M&E-system further;
- supports formulation of impact hypotheses between result and activity levels with the team;
- supports team experts and NGOs in data collection using the M&E system, ensuring that staff and/or co-operating parties collect all relevant data in time for progress reporting;
- collects data from the monitoring done by NGOs and team experts, aggregates and evaluates them, and does sample checks with target groups / beneficiaries;
- further develops the indicator sheets when needed with clear definitions for the project management to create a common understanding;
- trains the recipients of sub-grants under Call for Proposals in M&E system setup and monitoring;
- monitors the contribution of recipients of sub-grants under Call for Proposals;
- discusses and updates operational work plans together with project staff and partners, based on the objectives of the project;
- advises project implementation based on monitoring data.
3. Networking and Cooperation
- exchanges regularly with M&E colleagues within the SED program and participates in activities (trainings, workshops etc.) with monitoring purposes;
- cooperates closely with the team experts for the different outputs;
- participates in the Team Management Meetings;
- works closely with contracted NGOs to ensure that their monitoring feeds into the project monitoring;
- contributes to M&E GIZ sector network.
4. Knowledge Management
- follows up data collection by NGOs and team, updates Excel tables and activity / indicator sheets and ensures upload to the GIZ DMS (data management system);
- regularly updates the GIZ online tool “Wirkungsmonitor”;
- contributes to and controls the accuracy of data used in reports and presentation materials;
- supports project manager and project staff in compiling relevant data of service providers (e.g. graphic designer, printing agencies, photographers, media, writer, translator).
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- performs other duties and tasks as requested by the project manager;
- readiness to travel frequently to and within Jalal Abad oblast.
Duty station is Bishkek.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply by sending your CV (please fill out the template below), letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked «Monitoring Specialist» to the email email@example.com 17:00 on 24.02.2021.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Handicapped candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Effectively, efficiently and focused on our partners – that is the way we support people and societies around the world, implementing activities aimed at enhancing the prospects and development of sustainable conditions for their own well-being. As a German federal company, GIZ is supporting the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany to implement their tasks in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.