UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the direct supervision of CO Procurement Associate and in close coordination with the Project Coordinators, Programme Managers, Programme & Policy Analyst/ Team Leader and respective programme staff, Procurement Specialist provides leadership in execution of procurement services for the programme ensuring their effectiveness, transparency and integrity. The Procurement Specialist promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach.
The Procurement Specialist works in close collaboration with the operations and programme teams in the CO for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information delivery
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree, preferably in accounting, finance or economics. Trainings in procurement confirmed by certificates.
- 4 years of relevant procurement and/or administrative work experience at national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- UN Common System experience is a strong asset
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Administration and implementation of operational strategies
- Organization of procurement processes
- Management of contracts
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Performance of other relevant duties as required by the supervisor
Ensures administration and implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of programme procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system within the programme.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with the respective programme managers and CO procurement unit.
- Provision of researched information for formulation and implementation of contract strategy and strategic procurement in the programme including tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, e-procurement introduction.
- Respective data clean-up and preparation of procurement related IPSAS reporting
Organizes procurement processes for programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
- According to the Procurement Plan organizes procurement processes including drafting of tendering and solicitation documents, conducting tendering processes (RFQs, ITBs, RFPs, etc. in accordance with the UNDP rules and procedures) whilst ensuring that tender announcement are circulated as widely as possible among the potential suppliers, facilitating the flow of information during the tender by clarifying requests from tender participants and requesting additional information from them if necessary
- Organizes quality research of local and international markets for goods and services required for the Result Area needs, including verification of products availability, price analysis and search for potential vendors
- Works with independent experts on developing of detailed specifications for goods and services in line with the UNDP rules and procedures
- Reviews technical specifications and terms of reference prepared by the national partner organizations for their compliance with the UNDP procurement principles, rules and procedures and adjusts them as necessary
- Participates in opening of quotations, bids or proposals, organizes their technical evaluation, including coordination of technical committee meetings and prepares minutes/protocols thereof, conducts financial evaluations of the technically responsive offers
- Submits procurement cases and recommendations for contract award to the UNDP CO, drafts contracts in accordance with the UNDP model contracts and relevant rules and procedures
- Prepares a complete and quality set of documents for procurements cases that are subject to review by the Contracts, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) of the UNDP CO for such a review
- Prepares requests with all supporting documents for issuance of Purchase orders, contracts, subcontracts and other documents related to procurement of goods and services
- Creates requisitions in Atlas, budget check for requisitions
- Ensures Contributes to the preparation of Procurement Action Plans (PAP), monitors their implementation and timely updates PAP if necessary
- Maintains documentation on conducted procurement cases and contracts and ensures monthly submission to the CO Procurement Unit
- To be assigned Atlas Profile as per the Internal Control Framework for UNDP Kyrgyzstan
- Prepares reports on procurement progress as required
Manages contracts focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures proper contracts management and timely follow-up with relevant actions
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
ПРООН является глобальной сетью ООН в области развития. Она выступает в поддержку преобразований и предоставляет странам доступ к источникам знаний, опыту и ресурсам в целях содействия улучшению жизни людей. Мы работаем в 177 странах, в том числе в Кыргызстане, взаимодействуя с ними в выработке их собственных решений по проблемам глобального и национального развития.