Promotion of Primary Healthcare in Kyrgyzstan
As a German federal company, GIZ is supporting the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany to implement their tasks in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. The project “Promotion of Primary Healthcare in Kyrgyzstan” has been commissioned by BMZ with the objective of improving primary healthcare (PHC) services in the regions of Chui and Osh, particularly in the field of maternal and child health. An essential component of achieving this objective is digitalisation at the PHC level, which contributes across the project to the goals of improved quality, competencies and performance of PHC. Consequent to the government of Kyrgyzstan’s digital transformation strategy to be implemented from 2019 to 2023, digitalisation is a key priority area for the Ministry of Health.
- University degree (bachelor’s/master’s) in digital health, health informatics, information technology or similar;
- 5 years of relevant experience working in digital technologies, i.e. information technology, software development or similar
- minimum 3 years working within the health sector, with experience in specific technical subjects related to digital health
- have practical experience and knowledge in some of the following: digital health information management systems (e.g. DHIS2), digital health product development/software as a medical device, data management and analytics, telemedicine and digital communication
- demonstrated knowledge of health systems thinking and approach
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- ability to work effectively on complex tasks and simultaneous tasks with proven ability to prioritise effectively
- travels to our intervention areas (Osh) are required
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with experience in negotiation and stakeholder management;
- fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz, very good knowledge of English.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager (AV) of the GIZ project “Promotion of Primary Healthcare in Kyrgyzstan” the Technical Advisor in Digital Health will be responsible for providing digital expertise in the field of health services through the following:
- advising across all aspects of the development and implementation of a new digital PHC model in the target regions of Chui and Osh;
- provide technical expertise as required for the eHealth Centre and the Ministry of Health;
- provide support and advice to the project team in the field of digital technologies and coordinate regional activities;
- function as a key contact person between project activities and the MoH and national eHealth centre;
- contribute as necessary to the use of digital technologies in the COVID-19 response.
- support the development and implementation of a digital PHC model, including creation of the SOPs/operating guidelines and advising on DHIS2 and telemedicine;
- work closely with the MoH, other relevant partners and local expert to ensure alignment of the new model with needs and evidence based policy;
- advise and support on development/adaptation of digital applications for quality management (e.g. for the functions: patient registration and administration, inventory management, prescription, tele-mentoring and counselling, referral, networking with peers, learning and reporting);
- support the procurement and preparation of digital technologies and equipment;
- support the implementation of the digital model, including capacity building and trainings;
- as requested, support other digital health strategies (e.g. eHealth Centre, DHIS2 system);
- improve digital health governance through facilitating stakeholder collaboration and strengthening relevant policies and standards;
- provide digital health expertise as required in the ongoing COVID-19 response, advising on the development and use of technology in the response;
- incorporate and emphasise the ongoing use of data in digital health developments, strengthening partner’s capacity and knowledge of data use and management.
2. Communication and Networking
- work together with partners and the wider team to incorporate digital health strategies into the broader project, ensuring complementary activities and an integrated approach;
- act as the focal coordination point for regional activities and external experts;
- cooperate and communicate across ministries, development partners and local partners.
3. Knowledge Management
- collect and document relevant knowledge from his/her field of responsibility for the project;
- prepare reports, presentations and other forms of knowledge sharing;
- prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the project.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply by sending your CV (please fill out the template below), letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked «Digital Advisor» to the email firstname.lastname@example.org 17:00 on 15.02.2021.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Handicapped candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Effectively, efficiently and focused on our partners – that is the way we support people and societies around the world, implementing activities aimed at enhancing the prospects and development of sustainable conditions for their own well-being. As a German federal company, GIZ is supporting the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany to implement their tasks in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.