The proposed project supports the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic (GoKR) in establishing its National Adaptation Plan process and is consistent with the government’s strategic vision for climate change adaptation. The project objective is to strengthen institutions and enhance vertical and horizontal coordination for climate change adaptation planning, facilitate mainstreaming of climate risks at sectoral and subnational levels, and identify a program of priority climate change adaptation investments. The GoKR has prioritized adaptation planning through its national long-term strategic planning process and associated medium-term implementation plans, through which the long-term plan is implemented. This broader national planning framework calls for the development of a National Adaptation Plan as well as four adaptation plans for priority sectors to guide mainstreaming and future investments (disaster and emergency management, health, biodiversity conservation, and agriculture and irrigation water). These plans will catalyze investments to enhance adaptive capacity in the Kyrgyz Republic. The proposed project consists of three primary outcomes, each of which is associated with operationalizing the government’s strategic priorities by addressing identified gaps and barriers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social sciences/ natural studies/ Economics/ Public Administration/ Law/ International development or other related field;
- Master’s degree in the above-mentioned areas would be an asset;
- Gender certification is an asset.
- At least 4 years of relevant practical professional work experience in the implementation and/ or monitoring of development projects in environment and/or projects in the field of Sustainable Development and/ or Climate Change, Natural Resources Management and/ or working in a relevant position to this post.
- Experience of working with the international organizations/government/private sector/academic/CSO;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Project Manager and in close collaboration with project team members, Coordination and CCA Policy Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of the relevant CCA policy and national and inter-agency coordination, collaboration and stakeholders consultations activities and initiatives under the Outcome 1 of the project:
- Provide support in developing and implementing the Project annual work plans (AWPs) and other supporting plans (M&E, procurement, communication, gender) on the related CCA policy and national and inter-agency coordination, collaboration and stakeholders consultations activities and initiatives under the Outcome 1;
- Provide support in coordinating development of the CCA national policy documents to provide synergy and avoid duplication – National Adaptation Plan (NAP);
- Support national partners on activities related to CCA international cooperation, CCA policy and national and inter-agency coordination, collaboration and stakeholders consultations activities and initiatives;
- Draft TORs and RFPs for the related individual consultants (international and national) and companies to be hired for the implementation of the project’s CCA policy and national and inter-agency coordination, collaboration and stakeholders consultations activities and initiatives;
- Provide substantive support to the Project implementation – on institutional responsibilities and coordination mechanisms, procedures, duties and protocols, etc.;
- Draft progress and analytical reports and presentations;
- Provide support to ensure timely and adequate implementation of activities under the relevant AWP;
- Gather related necessary information from other relevant programmes/projects and partners for coordination of efforts, effective collaboration and avoiding duplications of the resources;
- Provide support in introducing innovative governance and management approaches and mechanisms;
- Present information related to Project’s CCA policy and national and inter-agency coordination, collaboration and stakeholders consultations activities and initiatives to the relevant institutions and governmental bodies, as well as ensure dissemination to broader public via social media and printing materials;
- Cooperate and liase with government stakeholders and other partners to ensure proper coordination and partnership in common development efforts related to the CCA policy and national and inter-agency coordination, collaboration and stakeholders consultations activities and initiatives activities;
- Plan, organise and coordinate the conduction of the Project’s coordination workshops/conferences and consultations meetings;
- Assist the Project Manager and M&E Officer in completing the annual project progress review with a focus on the Project’s technical aspects;
- Work closely with the M&E Officer and Gender Team providing advice to the project team and reporting to the project steering committee on a regular basis
- Provide assistance to prepare the Annual/Quarterly Work Plans and Progress/Final substantial and financial reports and its submission to the UNDP CO, and ensure timely submission of all progress and financial reports, bi-annual, mid-term and terminal reports, and other reports as may be required by GCF,
- Monitor and inform the Project Manager about the project risks – including social and environmental risks - initially identified;
- Prepare monthly reports for the Project Manager on key programme/project activities, issues and required action points
- Prepare the regular monitoring visits to the programme/projects and subcomponents’ sites and report to the Project Manager on the status of activities, including suggestions for improvements.
- Provide support in monitoring the contributions of consultants, personnel and government counterparts towards achievement of programme/ projects objectives.
- Provide support in organization of field mission and mid and terminal evaluation process.
- Provide support in monitoring the transfer of programme/ projects deliverables, documents, files, equipment and materials as per the standard UNDP norms and procedures.
- Maintain of proper electronic and paper filing systems.
- Undertake field visits when needed;
- Perform other tasks as required
ПРООН является глобальной сетью ООН в области развития. Она выступает в поддержку преобразований и предоставляет странам доступ к источникам знаний, опыту и ресурсам в целях содействия улучшению жизни людей. Мы работаем в 177 странах, в том числе в Кыргызстане, взаимодействуя с ними в выработке их собственных решений по проблемам глобального и национального развития.