Integrated Rural Development Programme (Jalal-Abad)
- Masters/MSc in agriculture and / or agricultural economics and / or agronomist or an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with extensive knowledge in applied agronomy and respective economics;
- experience in working with grant recipients would be a strong asset;
- at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- at least 3 years of experience in advice to farmers and service providers within agricultural value chains;
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- fluent written and oral knowledge of Russian / Kyrgyz, English, knowledge of German is an asset;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- strong communication and negotiation skills.
The Agricultural Advisor is responsible for
- provides advice in the field of agriculture to implementing partner NGOs for output 1 and 2 of the Integrated Rural Development Program;
- in coordination with the coordinator of Output 1 and 2 in agriculture, develops approaches / methodologies for the development of selected agricultural value chains;
- supports the formulation of tenders and / or calls within the Integrated Rural Development Program;
- cooperates with and advises farmer organisations, service providers and implementing partner NGOs;
- provides advice to selected service providers and participants of the agricultural value chains;
- coordinates activities and approaches closely with the coordinator of Output 1 and 2 in agriculture;
- contributes to knowledge management;
- supports the coordinator in contribution to monitoring of project outcome and output, and supports the M&E specialist;
- coordinates jointly with the coordinator the activities in the selected value chains.
1. Advising the partner institution(s)
The Agricultural Advisor
- supports identification of further areas with potential for income generation in agriculture for the programme to work on, supports respective national and / or international short-term experts;
- facilitates and supports the process of investigation of the needs of stakeholders in the selected value chains;
- supports NGOs which work on agricultural activities, which specifically include and empower women and youth;
- takes part in the formulation of the project operational plans and supports synchronization between the planning and budgeting;
- in coordination with the coordinator for Output 1 and 2 in agriculture, supports implementing partners to develop concepts on output 2 for qualification of service providers and paths towards their financial sustainability;
- consults contracted NGOs on their concepts to be implemented;
- prepares, implements and documents workshops, forums, meetings, trainings and other project activities connected with the project/programme’s area of activity with partner institution(s), here specifically NGOs which received a Grant for implementation of Output 1;
- executes field visits to the regions and to Bishkek in accordance with the requirements of the program;
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives to the coordinator of Output 1 and 2 in agriculture.
2. Networking and Cooperation
The Agricultural Advisor
- develops and maintains contacts with relevant national and regional stakeholders;
- represents the program at the regional level in the field of agriculture;
- regularly exchanges information with the SDC co-financed NaWi component;
- cooperates with other GIZ, EU and other donor-funded projects in the region in the field of agriculture and VC development, collects and circulates relevant information, disseminates project experiences, and develops a database;
- communicates with relevant actors (e.g. representative of the Ministry of Economy in Jalal-Abad, agricultural service providers, international organizations, farmer groups) about local interests and efforts, and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/programme;
- cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
3. Knowledge management
The Agricultural Advisor
- supports monitoring of the achievement of related program indicators of output 1 and 2 and delivers results to the M&E specialist in close consultation with counterparts, involved NGOs and agricultural coordinator;
- assists with general project planning in agriculture and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation;
- supports monitoring of the development and implementation of the operational plan in agriculture;
- ensures knowledge transfer to the coordinator and project/programme leader;
- develops technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- draws up reports and presentation documents;
- prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office;
- assists with research activities and studies on political issues which benefit joint programmes.
4. Coordination Tasks
The Agricultural Advisor
- coordinates with the coordinator for Output 1 and 2 in Agriculture for preparation and implementation of events to ensure correct visibility of BMZ, GIZ and EU;
- coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the coordinator of Output 1 and 2 in agriculture and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects;
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting);
- assists assigned national and international consultants.
5. General duties
- consults routinely with the coordinator of Output 1 and 2 in agriculture, and with the project leader regarding all kinds of program activities .
6. Other duties
- carries out other program activities and any other tasks as assigned by the Project Leader
- undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required. Specific training needs shall be identified and appropriate programs selected jointly with the GIZ team leader
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply by sending your CV (please use the GIZ template below), letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked «Agricultural Advisor» to the email email@example.com 17:00 on 25.01.2021.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Handicapped candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Effectively, efficiently and focused on our partners – that is the way we support people and societies around the world, implementing activities aimed at enhancing the prospects and development of sustainable conditions for their own well-being. As a German federal company, GIZ is supporting the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany to implement their tasks in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.