|Deadline:||26.01.2021 23:59:59 The deadline for applications has expired|
|Salary:||According to the interview results|
|Work experience:||5 years|
|Type of involvement:||full time|
Истёк срок подачи заявок
AKF Kyrgyz Republic is seeking to hire a Human Centered Design (HCD) Coordinator in Kyrgyzstan for the AKF and USAID jointly funded Local Impact Leader with Associate (LWA) award. With an eye toward conflict prevention and resolution, Local Impact will target marginalized and vulnerable communities to: (1) Catalyze inclusive economic growth and ensure basic livelihoods; (2) Enhance infrastructure and access to basic services with a focus on clean energy; (3) Enhance the capacity of citizens and local institutions; and (4) Promote pluralism and social cohesion.
The HCD Coordinator will support design team members and co-creators in the country office focused on turning human insights into tangible products, services, and experiences and will support those designs towards funding and implementation. You will also build the capacity of local teams in leading and facilitating design processes. As part of an interdisciplinary team, you will tackle complex, human-centered and socially impactful challenges alongside other development practitioners from different backgrounds. You will report directly to the Local Impact Manager, Kyrgyz Republic, and also work closely with the Regional Co-creation Manager and the Global Lead for Innovation. Frequent travel (25%+ of working time) will be required within Kyrgyzstan and with some international travel.
· Education. Master’s degree or higher in international development, design or other related field.
· Technical Expertise. At least five years of combined and demonstrated technical expertise in (I) at least one or more of the following technical areas: (i) application of new and relevant HCD techniques that create insights into end-user actions, thoughts and behaviors; (ii) research methods including: contextual inquiry, concept/solution testing, usability testing and similar methods; (iii) generative methods, diagramming and participatory design sessions; (iv) cooperative design and contextual design and (II) tackling poverty-related challenges in the country or the region.
· Human-Centered Design (HCD). Fluency in the HCD process, from qualitative research and synthesis to ideation, prototyping, and implementation. Selected candidates will be requested to submit an example of products, services, and approaches that they helped create and that have the potential of driving impact locally or globally.
· Planning. Demonstrated experience planning and leading research activities, such as interviews, group sessions, and observations.
· Prototyping. Experience creating quick and dirty prototypes as well as more refined deliverables. You have experience prototyping in various resolutions to create experiences that lead users to provide valuable feedback about your solutions.
· Capacity Building. Experience training and building capacity of non-designers on HCD would be an asset.
· Stakeholder Management. Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government and civil society counterparts and donor and other partners.
· Team Management / Coordination. Demonstrated ability to (1) design and manage field-based research studies and (2) Manage and lead interdisciplinary team.
Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Cultural sensitivity, and an ability to connect easily with new people.
· Perspective. You add a unique perspective to your research and to our teams, such as writing and storytelling, strategic thinking, or service design.
· Language. Spoken and written fluency in English and at least one of Russian or Kyrgyz is essential.
Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit their Resume and cover letter in English by January 26, 20201 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
“The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is committed to safeguarding, which means it promotes respectful relations with and between all staff, associates, beneficiaries and wider communities with whom it works, and takes all reasonable measures to prevent harm, including all forms of sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment (PSEAH), bullying, discrimination, harassment and abuse of power that may arise from contact with its staff, programmes or operations.
AKF also adheres to child safeguarding principles, as set out by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s), employment history and any potential history of misconduct. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a full background check.
All employees of AKF are required to adhere to the organizational safeguarding standards and principles and at all times to act with dignity, respect and to contribute to a safe environment free from any type of harassment, abuse or discrimination.”
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)is an international, non-denominational, not-for-profit organisation. AKF seeks to improve the quality of life, enhance self-reliance and promote pluralism in poor and marginalisedcommunities of Asia and Africa. Established in 1967, its long-term, community-based approach addresses and benefits people of all faiths and backgrounds, especially women and girls. Its activities enhance agriculture and food security, promote early childhood development and access to quality education, improve health and nutrition, advance economic inclusion, and strengthen civil society.AKF is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, a group of development agencies with mandates that include the environment, health, education, architecture, culture, microfinance, rural development, disaster reduction, the promotion of private-sector enterprise and the revitalization ofhistoric cities. For more information, please visit the website at www.akdn.org.
124/1 Tuusbekova streetContact person
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)Web