Under direct supervision of the CO Team Leader on Biodiversity/Environment and in close coordination of the CO Environment, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management Programme Associate, the Project Coordinator for “UNDP-GEF Conservation of globally important biodiversity and associated land and forest resources of Western Tian Shan mountain ecosystems to support sustainable livelihoods” Project will provide a high quality services to the Project to ensure timely and efficient coordination and monitoring over implementation of respective Project Outputs. The Project Coordinator promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Applied Sciences or another related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in managing/coordinating projects and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects in environment, land and/ or natural resources management, and/ or other related field;
- At least two years of experience in managing teams;
- Strong knowledge of land and/or natural resource management issues;
- General understanding of all the major program issues. Be familiar with development methodologies, including participatory approaches to strategic planning, strategic management and the management of institutional change in developing countries;
- Experience in building capacity of local organizations and/or individuals in technical and organizational development areas;
- Experience of work with the international organizations, highlevel government officials representing central governmental bodies and local administrations;
- Familiarity with the goals and procedures of international organizations, those of the GEF partners is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English and Russian;
- Working knowledge of Kyrgyz.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate the project implementation to ensure conformity of results with the Project Document and UNDP-GEF rules and regulations;
- Ensure harmonious and coordinated project execution, including budget preparation and management, planning and general monitoring of the project and project staff;
- Deliver timely implementation of the annual work plans as endorsed by the Project Board;
- Provide general and financial administration;
- Provide monitoring and the quality control of the inputs from consultants and subcontractors providing services to the project;
- Ensure adequate information flow, discussions and feedback among the various stakeholders in coordination with relevant UNDP staff per the management arrangements established in the Project Document and to the project working groups;
- Prepare quarterly action plans and progress reports;
- Ensure operational management of the Project in compliance with the UNDP Rules and Regulations;
- Prepare Annual Work Plans, Quarterly Operational Reports, Project Implementation Reviews, Progress and Final Reports, Financial reports and Budget Forecasts;
- Ensure the delivery of the assigned project resources against approved budgets;
- Ensure aligning the project activities within the UNDP mandate and corporate priorities, National strategies/programme and contribution to the capacity development of the national counterpart institutions;
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other partners to ensure proper coordination and partnership within the framework of the Project activities implementation;
- Ensure fulfillment of standard procedures, including the ones on procurement, contracting of services and formalizing partnerships, in accordance with UNDP Rules and Regulations;
- Regularly assess performance of personnel and consultants working under his/her supervision;
- Undertake regular field visits and prepare back to office reports outlining follow-up actions and responsible people;
- Regularly monitor and ensure timely and adequate implementation of the project action plans, undertake necessary preparatory/revisionary actions for the planned activities, and liaise with relevant parties, if needed;
- Handle correspondence and keep the filing system related to the Project and to general project matters in compliance with the UNDP Rules and Regulations;
- Ensure proper documentation and codification (knowledge management) of programme methodologies and experiences for wide dissemination and institutional memory;
- Arrange Project events including meetings, trainings and other activities related to Work plan implementation;
- Work towards achievement of goals set in UNDP Strategic documents (Corporate strategy, UNDAF, CPD, Project document etc.) and relevant national legislation;
- Perform other duties that may be required by UNDP for effective implementation of the Project activities.
ПРООН является глобальной сетью ООН в области развития. Она выступает в поддержку преобразований и предоставляет странам доступ к источникам знаний, опыту и ресурсам в целях содействия улучшению жизни людей. Мы работаем в 177 странах, в том числе в Кыргызстане, взаимодействуя с ними в выработке их собственных решений по проблемам глобального и национального развития.