Programme “Trade Facilitation in Central Asia”
- Masters or PHD degree in economics, management or similar field, related to the project’s goals;
- specialisation in a field related to the above-mentioned responsibilities is an asset;
- at least 8 years of professional working experience in the field of border control agencies, transportation or digital transformation;
- excellent knowledge on risk management systems and border procedures;
- excellent knowledge of Information Technologies;
- experience in an international working environment is an asset;
- working experience with or for an international organisation is an asset;
- excellent communication skills, behaviour and appearance;
- very good language skills of English, Kyrgyz and Russian. German is an asset;
- ability and willingness to work in an international multicultural team with loyalty, reliability and tolerance;
- strong analytical skills;
- ability to work independently and accurate;
- willingness to take up responsibility;
- ability and willingness to travel within Central Asia
The Advisor is responsible for
- organisational and technical advice to further develop risk management systems and simplification of border procedures for border control agencies in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- organisational and technical advice to facilitate cooperation and data exchange among border control agencies in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- supporting and actively lobbying for the idea of regional integration of Central Asia in general and specifically on the advantages of simplified regional cross-border trade.
Advisory services to border agencies and the Ministry of Economy related to:
- further development of risk management systems for customs and other border control agencies like sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) inspections, transport, veterinary inspections and border control, including the development of risk profiles;
- cooperation of border control agencies and exchange of electronic information and risk-related data;
- reducing time at the borders through the usage of digital prearrival information of goods and traders, if possible also in cooperation with neighbouring countries;
- facilitation of processes for (perishable) agricultural goods, establishment of “green corridors” and automated release for agricultural and other goods;
- capacity development at personal and organisational level of custom officers and officers of other border control agencies especially in the field of digitalization and integrated risk management systems;
- technical, organisational and process-oriented advice for better communication, coordination and cooperation between different border control agencies as well as between the central and local bodies of the single agencies;
- other duties/additional tasks at the request of the management.
If you are interested in these vacancy, please apply by sending your CV, letter of motivation (one A4 page) and references marked “Advisor” to the email firstname.lastname@example.org till 17:00 on 30.12.2020.
All the application documents that have been received, will be used only for the selection process of the suitable candidate for the announced position. The documents will not be disclosed to third parties.
Handicapped candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Effectively, efficiently and focused on our partners – that is the way we support people and societies around the world, implementing activities aimed at enhancing the prospects and development of sustainable conditions for their own well-being. As a German federal company, GIZ is supporting the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany to implement their tasks in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.