- Higher Education or Master’s Degree in Finance and/or accounting;
- At least 3 years of experience in finance and accounting of the not-for-profit organizations
- Experience in the World Bank -financed projects is an advantage
- Fluency in English. Oral and written proficiency in Kyrgyz and Russian;
- Good level of computer literacy (Windows-based programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), experience in using of accounting software (1C software or similar).
- Knowledge of main requirements of the KR Tax and Labor Codes.
- Capacity building for trainers, BoTs and ABoTs in financial management procurement procedures, reporting requirements;
- Support the training process of trainers on Micro Grants Manual (MGM) and criteria of selection of BoTs/ABoTs; procedures and documentation to be filled for disbursement and reporting;
- Support in application process and documentation needed for the microgrant by BoTs/ABoTs;
- Internal controls over the selection process and compliance to MGM; collect all documentation as regards the selection process and decision on selection committee;
- Support in collecting and maintaining microgrant agreements, bank accounts documentation;
- Support trainers, BoTs/ABoTs on disbursement of microgrants as per MGM and compliance;
- Support in verification of matching funds and documentation preparation for disbursement;
- Prepare documentation and verify the disbursement of microgrants as per internal procedures and policies of AKF;
- Maintain procedures for collecting, checking and preparing documentation required for verifying Suppliers’/Contractors’/Consultants’ invoices/payment requests. Recording payment documentation and payments to Suppliers/Contractors/Consultants. Preparing invoices for payments by verifying the invoice against contract terms and conditions; ensuring the that all payments are made on a timely basis and according to contract terms and conditions as well as the WB relevant guidelines, regulations, legal agreements and other applicable documents on microgrants;
- Assist in cooperating with the World Bank missions in conducting regular financial management supervisions of the project and properly addressing the observations and recommendations provided;
- Assist in performing project administrative duties as required to ensure that all contract files and procurement activities are complete and accurately reflect the financial status of each contract; performing filing and archiving of the accounting and financial documentation on microgrants.
Reporting and Approval Procedures:
The Micro-grant Specialist will provide the following reports:
- Provide financial progress reports on a monthly basis to the Grant Manager.
- Ensure all necessary documents are collected and archived according to MGM and Donor’s requirements.
- Any other reports as expected by Project management team as well as by Donor.
Supervision and coordination:
- The selected 9 Micro-grant trainers (1 per pilot rayon) will cover approximately 13-20 schools in each target region and report to the Micro-grant specialist in their district of assignment.
Duration of the assignment and estimated time input:
- Duration of the contract starts from the date of signing the contract till 30 September 2020 with possible extension for 6 months.
- Estimated time input is 40 hours per week.
Interested candidates should submit their CV, motivation letter in English and Russian by February 7, 2020 to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for the interview.
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)is an international, non-denominational, not-for-profit organisation. AKF seeks to improve the quality of life, enhance self-reliance and promote pluralism in poor and marginalisedcommunities of Asia and Africa. Established in 1967, its long-term, community-based approach addresses and benefits people of all faiths and backgrounds, especially women and girls. Its activities enhance agriculture and food security, promote early childhood development and access to quality education, improve health and nutrition, advance economic inclusion, and strengthen civil society.AKF is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, a group of development agencies with mandates that include the environment, health, education, architecture, culture, microfinance, rural development, disaster reduction, the promotion of private-sector enterprise and the revitalization ofhistoric cities. For more information, please visit the website at www.akdn.org.