|Deadline:||15.12.2019 23:59:59 remained 5 days|
|Salary:||According to the interview results|
|Work experience:||2 years|
|Type of involvement:||full time|
|Schedule:||from 9:00 to 18:00|
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan invites applications to the Position of International Office Assistant.
Organization: PF "OSCE Academy in Bishkek"
Location: 1 A Botanichesky pereulok, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Job Status: Full-time
Deadline: 15 December 2019, 18:00 Bishkek time
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, created in 2002 between the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes values and principles of the OSCE through research, post-graduate education, professional trainings, and intellectual exchange. Its highly demanding MA Programmes in the fields of “Economic Governance and Development” and “Politics and Security (Central Asia)” annually accept up to 60 young professionals from Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Mongolia on a competitive basis. The Academy seeks to strengthen its capacity to develop and implement research projects and to engage in collaborative research programmes. At the same time the Academy engages into professional trainings and organises regular seminars to a broader audience of interested young professionals from the region.
The International Office Assistant will be supporting the Head of International office in her efforts to organise and implement the activities related to the development of the Alumni Network of the OSCE Academy. S/he will act as focal point for all everyday matters that relate to the realization of the above-mentioned tasks and will be supervised in her/his activities by the Head of International Office.
The position of International Office Assistant will be granted as full-time position for an indefinite period starting on 1 February 2020 pending the availability of funding. The position will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Candidates for this position should meet the following requirements:
• BA/MA degree in Social Sciences, Programme Management, or a related field;
• At least two years of project assistance experience;
• Excellent knowledge of Russian, good command of English;
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to travel.
• Under the direct supervision of the Head of the International Office assists in providing all necessary logistical and organizational support in the course of Alumni Network activities, including but not limited to the following duties:
• Organize conference, reunions, chapter meetings in Bishkek and other Central Asian countries;
• Ensure the proper running and further development of the Junior Public Officers programme;
• Initiate and submits for the approval of the administration new activities for further development of the Alumni Network within the available budget;
• Prepares and reviews Alumni survey;
• Maintains alumni database;
• Prepares an Alumni statistics with updates related to education and career development;
• Maintains an electronic archive of all information/materials related to the Alumni;
• Reports on the Alumni Network activities to be used to prepare the running and annual reports;
• Collects and prepares materials, coordinates and takes the necessary organizational measures to publish alumni magazine SalamAlum.
• Maintains Alumni webpage;
• Plans and prepares submits for the approval the drafts of the budgets related to Alumni Network Activities;
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Administration
The OSCE Academy will provide/cover:
• Competitive honorarium for assistant position;
• Office space and computer, as well as access to all facilities of the OSCE Academy.
NOTE: The Academy will not cover health insurance and expenses of family members.
Interested applicants should submit their application including:
- A cover letter;
- A CV:
- Two recommendation letters (provided within last two years);
To firstname.lastname@example.org (with “IO Assistant” in the subject line) by 15 December 2019, 18.00 Bishkek time or in hard copies in the sealed envelope to 1 A Botanicheksy pereulok.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.
Академия ОБСЕ в Бишкеке представляет собой институт, предназначенный для продвижения принципов и ценностей ОБСЕ в Центральной Азии. Расположенная в Бишкеке, Академия ОБСЕ широко работает в Центрально-Азиатском академическом и политическом контексте и придерживается регионального подхода. Будучи региональным центром послевузовского образования, наращивания потенциала, исследований и регионального диалога, Академия предлагает взыскательную и требовательную программу для своих основных заинтересованных сторон, включая ученых и исследователей, активистов гражданского общества, политиков и академических институтов и институтов развития.
Академия предоставляет региональный и международный общественный форум для профессионалов и студентов в духе сотрудничества в области международных отношений, всеобъемлющей безопасности, демократизации, верховенства права и прав человека.